Your four-legged friend will LOVE Anacortes!
- Dogs are allowed on the docks at Cap Sante Marina and on boats at owner’s discretion.
- Anacortes has two off-leash dog parks. One is conveniently across the street from Cap Sante Marina on 9thand Q Ave. and has a play tunnel and lots of space to run, cleanup bags, and a bench. The second, Ace of Hearts Rotary Dog Park on 3901 H Ave., has two fenced areas. One is for smaller dogs and the other is for larger dogs. It also has benches, picnic tables, a covered shelter, as well as a water pump with concreate bowls, cleanup baggies, and a kiddie pool for your furry friend to cool off.
- Head for a hike! Popular dog walking spots are Washington Park, Ship Harbor Interpretive Preserve Trail, Tommy Thompson Trail, Guemes Island Trail, and Bowman Bay and Rosario Head, which are part of Deception Pass State Park.
- Parks close to the show: Near downtown are a handful of parks with great views and beach access. Kiwanis Waterfront Park on 6th and N Ave. Park face Guemes Island and Channel. Seafarers’ Memorial Park, on the south side of Cap Sante Marina, has a pebble beach and picnic areas. On the north end of the marina, are large grassy areas and Rotary Park which connects to the 37-acre Cap Sante Park.
- Shop for a new toy or leash at Island Farm & Pet, or get cleaned & clipped at Clean & Clip located at Commercial & 7th.
For a more detailed itinerary, head HERE.